Wednesday, July 29, 2009

It's official, We're having a . . .

GIRL! Can you believe it? Joaquin shook his head at the ultrasound today and said, "I figured, my odds are already 3 to 1." She looks wonderful and has grown to a whopping 8 inches. The only bad news is that I'm still on the dreadfully slow, pull my hair out boring bed rest. It was all I could do to hold it together in the elevator, down the hall, and out to the truck. That's when I unleashed my tears on Joaquin who said, "Wow, you're taking this girl thing pretty hard." Got to the love that man for always trying to snap me out of misery.

We truly are happy to have a girl, I've always loved hairbows, dancing, make up, etc. Joaquin started teasing we had better start saving for weddings, I reminded him they are cheaper than missions.

My Mom & Donna both said they could do the girls school shopping with their eyes closed (they've had lots of practice). My sisters are going to take them swimming & have slumber parties with cousins again. Donna & Dennis are even going to take Josh this Friday to some kind of antique train show in Evanston, Wy. where Joaquin's younger brother Shay & his wife Diana live. I'm so grateful, but here is where my selfishness comes out - I'm jealous. Believe it or not I like to go school shopping, have slumber parties with my sisters (it still feels like one whenever we stay up late laughing & talking), and even driving to Evanston for a train show with Josh.

Enough whining, there are some perks. Dr. Carlson said I could do 1 thing a day. So I can go back to church, but then right back to the couch. I can go shopping for maybe an hour as long as I don't lift anything heavy (can't bring Shelby or go to Costco it seems)and then back to the couch. He even said I could go on a date with my husband, maybe dinner & a movie but then . . . you guessed it back to the couch without any romance. Grr.

6 comments:

Diana said...

Yeah Sarah, that is great I can't believe it I really thought a boy this time. Any motorcycles in your future? hehe. You are sure good at girl stuff though and it will be fun for Shelby to have a sister close in age as they get older. I am not sure weddings are cheaper than missions though. Sorry about the whole bed rest thing I hope soon it will all over for you.

Lane, Amanda, Jackson, and Andrew said...

Congrats on the girl!! You seem to have all the luck! :) I thought it would be a boy too because a girl would never cause this kind of misery to her mother!! Sorry about the bed rest, but hey, at least we can still have fantastic phone conversations! We love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Hey guys this is Kasey and Kim Kendall... we are SOOOO happy for you!!! I’m so happy to hear that you have the best doctor in the world too. We just love Dr. Carlson; I hope he stays around for a long time. If you need anything let us know and we would love to help.

Gwen said...

YAY! Congratulations on another soon to be beautiful little girl! I'm so glad she is looking healthy and good. You're definitely having to go above and beyond sacrificing as a mother this time (Joaquin too, is sounds like ;) She's going to thank you for it someday!!!! Hang in there and call me if your kids need a place to hang out when they get back from all their exciting adventures. (really, please call!!!!)
p.s. I too am a member of the Dr. Carlson fan club! You're in good hands!!!!

Unknown said...

Hooray! I'm glad you are having a girl!

Sorry that you are still on the couch. But at least you can do a little more. (Call if you need a double for a date.)

Unknown said...

OK, I will make you a deal. I will put off school shopping until you are better and let you take my children school shopping!! I hate school shopping! (i pretty much hate any shopping in general unless its with you in Park City!) So, hang in there and maybe we can make a trip. Better yet, you take me shopping without the kids!! Hey and by then I should be over this crappy morning and night sickness...AAAAHHHH! Just remember that you are not missing much from me!