Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Jessi's Baptism


Jessi was sooo excited about her baptism on Friday, July 3, 2009. She was pretty nervous about her Bishop's interview (you know Bishop Worton is pretty serious!). She said he asked her some hard questions like who was Jesus baptized by? I asked her if she knew the answer and she said, "Well ya, but I had to think about it."
We even had a full house because Jessi was lucky enough to be baptized with her 2 cousins, Avery Brown (who lives in Blackfoot, Id.) & Mya Showalter (who lives in Buffalo, NY). Both families agreed it would be great to share this day with us. I felt the spirit so strongly when I saw my little daughter and neices being immersed in the water. I was so proud of the choice she made to join the church. Jessi was confirmed in a circle with lots of Uncles, both Grampas, and her father who blessed her to be a peacemaker and a help to her mother. Although I'm not sure the exact wording, my favorite phrase was "Jessi, you have brought joy and happiness into our family." It's so true!

Here's Jessi with Avery and Mya. A funny little side note is that Jessi was actually due after both of these cousins but surprised us all by coming 2 weeks early. We always tease that she crowded in line up in heaven.

I know she's not smiling, but she was pretty tired of the camera by the end of the evening. I asked Quinn to take pictures since I had to be sitting and lets just say we had around 75 and counting by the time this one was taken.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Brandon and Brittany said...

What a fun day. Sarah, you look gorgeous in that bottom picture. We have been thinking of you and your family (mostly you) a lot lately. We sure love you. Let us know if we can help in any way.

Lane, Amanda, Jackson, and Andrew said...

It was one awesome day...even if my kid did scream through most of it. It was so nice to be there for that. I can't believe how grown up they are all getting!

Unknown said...

It was a beautiful baptism! I think it was wonderful that so many of your family were there. And Jessi's blessing was pretty awesome. The part that stood out to me was when she was blessed to be steadfast which I think is so important in these latter days. She is such a beautiful girl!