Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The Tree House & why I'm so lazy lately


Joaquin is so proud of this tree house. We have had so many jokes about it as well. You know like, why isn't it attached to the actual tree, or the 16' by 20' tree house is bigger than any room in our entire house, etc. But Jessi (our little monkey who can cimb anything) and Josh (just being a boy makes him love this) have stopped whatever they are doing the instant their Dad walks in the room and says who wants to help me with the tree house? It's been a great project for the family and a few pics down you'll see where I get to watch the work in progress.
Jessi's favorite part is the rope ladder. Can you guess why? Because it's so hard for all the rest of us non-monkey people. We left it unattached at the bottom so she can pull it up and it is a beast to climb. We're considering having it be a challenge for this year's Halloween Party (that is assuming I'm off bed rest).
Here's Josh & Quinn's favorite part, the drop down attic ladder. They are also hoping for a zip line and a fireman's pole soon. Joaquin is planning to enclose a smaller "house" on top and what you see will only be the deck, but we're taking it one step at a time.
So here it is, my throne. Don't be fooled by the ordinary appearance, it's actually a chair of power. This chair, the couch, and the bed are my life now. About 2 weeks ago I started hemorrhaging (sorry men, you don't have to read this part). I am 4 months along and due on Christmas Eve, yahoo. But unfortunately this baby isn't quite sure if it wants to wait that long. We've had a couple ultrasounds and the baby looks great with a big strong heart, arms, legs, etc. but the placenta is tearing away from the uterus wall (the official word is an abruption). 70% of women heal from this so we're praying often and learning to ask for help. It really stinks to be humbled you know.
Joaquin has really stepped up to the plate doing laundry, dishes, cooking, and even cleaning. I've learned to stop nagging. If the bathroom smells like Josh missed again, I breath through my mouth. If there are toys all over when friends drop by to visit I don't apologize. When I put on a used to be white shirt and realize it's now a shade of yellow because someone washed all the whites with a bright yellow towel, I try to smile and say it's now buttercup not whtie. And when I'm so lonely that I just want to I cry, I think of all my friends who are taking care of my children, my husband who works 11 hours a day at Napa then comes home to work another 3, and even my Heavenly Father who has something I'm supposed to learn from this. Exactly what that is I don't know yet, but I'm sure hoping this baby sticks around so that I will find out.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Courtney and Andrew said...

Congratulations on your pregnacy! I so feel your pain on the bed rest and the lonleness you feel. The two months for me were the longest two months ever! I hope all is going as well as possible! Take care of yourself and let others serve you! You are great at serving others its now your turn to be served! Take care!

Lane, Amanda, Jackson, and Andrew said...

Jackson also LOVES the tree house. I love your throne, but I feel so bad for you. If you are ever lonely give me a call. We could talk for hours you know!!

Brandon and Brittany said...

Oh Sarah, I love you. This post made me cry. I'm so sorry. Stick in there, it's all worth it. If you get lonely, give me a call. I definitely know how to talk (and, believe it or not, do dishes.) Plus I have 3 children who absolutely adore your guts. Call anytime.

Diana said...

It is a great Treehouse, we had so much fun visiting with you too bad kids got sick but we look forward to our next trip up, hopefully no bed rest. Love ya!!

Alanya/Ally said...

Okay, that tree house is seriously amazing! Can we come stay in it? I'm glad Jessi's baptism was a great day and sorry we missed it. Stinky Andy had to work... Give me a call anytime you are feeling lonely. I've got my phone with me almost all the time. And if you get my voicemail I promise to call you back!

Unknown said...

The tree house is too cool! Your kids will love it forever.

Hang in there - bed rest is just a small portion of eternity. The sacrifices we make as mothers just makes us love our children even more. You are an amazing person! We are praying for you and your family.

wynemom1111 said...

Hello Wonderful Queen of the Treehouse. I'm so glad we got to see it last weekend. Take everything slow and remember you're the only person on earth who can provide the service you're offering. Others can do the rest. I love you!

Mom