Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Now that my taxes are done . . .

It's true, my taxes are officially done!  I had Joaquin sign the papers, we paid the State of Idaho, and get some back from the Feds (only because of our 5 beautiful deductions) and I'm ready to join the blogging world again.  I just loved this picture of Halle and knew Mindi would appreciate my larger than life bow.  A big thanks to Gwen who let me borrow her "Bumbo" which I'd never heard of until recently.  It's the coolest little chair that you can set up on the counter, desk, or table.  The only thing I don't like about it is that Shelby, Josh, & even Jessi think it's cool they can sit in it (sorry Gwen, who would have thought all the kids who can sit up alone would want help?!?)
I have taken a picture of each of my girls in the dress I was blessed in just for fun.  Shelby was "helping" make her smile this morning.  I think she did great work, don't you?
This last pix I have to explain a little.  Right above Halle's changing table I hung a quilt my Mom had made for Quinn.  The picture doesn't do it justice, but it's just gorgeous with tons of bright spring colors and 4 different colored kittens that decorate each corner of the quilt (how much of her talent did she pass on to me? Zippo - I just keep telling her how much I love her quilts and hope she'll keep making them for my kids)  
Anyhoo, Halle just loves to be on her changing table because of this quilt.  She almost giggles when you lay her down and immediately her head will turn to it.  She'll smile or laugh at it and just recently has been reaching out to touch it.  I think it's so endearing that I snapped a picture to show my Mom.  So in case I haven't told you enough, Thanks for all your hours of sewing Mom - it's totally worth it!

6 comments:

Alanya/Ally said...

Way to go on finishing your taxes... and almost two weeks early! I wish we could say the same. It's been "fun" figuring out stuff with the new business. So much for trying to bring in an income, right? And Halle looks so cute with her big bow! BTW, it's not as big as one of the babies in our ward. One of her bows is seriously bigger than her head!

Favorite Aunt said...

I had almost forgotten that you had a 5th child...because you haven't posted any pictures of her!!! Don't worry Halle, Aunt Mindi loves you because of your name. I will explain when I get to hold you and maybe when you are old enough to understand. Just remember, that I'm the favorite aunt!

Unknown said...

Cute pictures! I am amazed at how much she changes every time I see her. And great job finishing your taxes! I just filed an extension on my last return so I can relax a little too.

Adam and Rachael said...

I am jealous your taxes are done! Adam's been dragging his feet about it. Cute baby pics-and I love the large flower bow! If she keeps wearing it maybe spring will actually come!

wynemom1111 said...

Way to make your grandma's day Halle. I love you and your quilt is coming. (Before you get married I hope).

Gwendolyn said...

Oh I love the bow! And hanging the quilt there is such a great idea. What a beauty :)