Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Women's Conference Request

Believe it or not this post is not about my kids, shocker I know.  I was hoping to catch most of my friends.  Next Friday, April 30th I am going down to BYU for a quick 1 day, 1 night trip to Women's Conference.  Joaquin has agreed to keep all the kids for me  (he's even taking the day off NAPA - I'm guessing it's payback for all his Snowboarding this past winter) and I wanted to invite any of my friends who want to come with me!  Here's the link to their website in case you want to check it out http://womensconference.byu.edu
I'm going to leave 5:30 am on Friday, attend any classes on finding joy in motherhood, strengthening your testimony, or loving your husband more (you know the basics).  My Mom and whichever of my sisters that can come will be there also.  The conference closes with Elder Dallin H. Oaks and his wife Kristen M. Oaks, then we usually head to the BYU Bookstore to buy clothes, toys, mint brownies, or my favorite - BYU Creamery DONUTS!  My Dad always creates a fantastic candlelight dinner with a magnificent chocolate something for dessert that night, we stay up late chatting and laughing about what we learned, then after a few hours of sleep come home (Quinn has her piano recital Saturday).  
I know it's a whirlwind trip but it's one of my favorite things to do and I would love to share it with my friends.  So if any one can talk there husbands into babysitting for 24 hours or cash in on a couple favors - COME WITH ME!
P.S. It only costs $29, free lodging at my Mom's, and I'm already paying for gas.  Cheap, Cheap trip.

1 comment:

Alanya/Ally said...

I'm so glad you were able to work things out so you can attend. I know you love it! Have fun and tell all the girls I love them!