Sunday, February 28, 2010

Jessi's a Champion (Well we already knew that)

Diana (my sister-in-law) just showed me how to upload digital videos and I'm so excited. I promise to only do short clips so they won't bore you to tears, but here is a great clip of Jessi at her game Saturday. Notice she passed it to a boy - she can't wait for next year when it's an all girls team. We hope she keeps that theory of boys (other than Josh) are yuck!

This last Saturday was monumental - I sat through my last basketball game for the year!!! It started out rough having to wake up all of the kids and have them at the gym by 9:30am on Saturday (Joaquin was working-was that an accident? I wonder . . . ) But Jessi did great and made 3 baskets! She was a bit more aggressive than I like to see my little 8 year old be but her coaches assured me that was a good thing. Donna told me she just has a streak of her Aunt Mindi in her and my Mom just laughed and said I was such a girl! But when she stole the ball from one of her best friends, Whitney, I wanted to pull her out of the game and scold her. Luckily Dennis was kind enough to work for an hour at Napa so Joaquin could watch her play and he held me back. I was proud of her (but still whisper in her ear at night how much more fun dancing would be).
Here is a cute little clip of us watching at last weeks game.

And last but not least I have to put in a few pix of Joaquin on his birthday this last Wednesday. It's safe to say I have witnessed the most cheerful, mellow man on his birthday in the last 15 years of marriage. What, you might ask, brought about this miraculous change? I only wish I knew. Joaquin has always hated birthdays. He hates that he is soooo much older than me (hee,hee), hates that he's that much farther from 29 (it used to be 19 but now that Quinn's 11 - that's just weird), and hates when I make a big deal about it. So this year I let him plan it and kept my schedule open. He took the day off work, went to "Watch Dogs" with Quinn at school, took me out to dinner & shopping, and finished off the day unwrapping little presents the kids got him while enjoying strawberry cheesecake. I mean look at that smile - What a hunk!And to think he's only 29 (love you honey).

3 comments:

wynemom1111 said...

Sorry we missed singing to Joaquin which we know was a huge disappointment to him. I don't do solos, and we were not in the same state on the big day. Happy Birthday a few days late. We love you!

Unknown said...

Hooray Jessi! I tried and tried to get Brit to be aggressive and she finally quit playing ball. And glad Joaquin enjoyed his birthday. He looks great for 29! ;D

Jill said...

Sarah,

I don't have your email addy so this is the best I can do. I just wanted to thank you for helping Brittany as she has been so ill. It is hard to live so far away. It makes me feel helpless. I am so grateful she has good friends like you and a ward family to help out. Thanks again. You are the best.

Brittany's mom