Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Happy Days even at NAPA

It's been a crazy couple of weeks here in American Falls.  I haven't been sleeping a whole lot and luckily my husband loves (ok that might be a stretch) having the kids come visit him at NAPA.  When it's been a rough night Joaquin will take Josh & Shelby into Napa for a few hours to help me out.  This particular Saturday was great fun because Jesalee came in with Jade, Ty, & Zoe.  Uncle Lane was visiting so he could work on the Model T with Grampa.  Next thing we know Shelby & Jade had got their tools and were under the car helping.  (Josh & Ty were racing around the store on bikes).
On a sweet note, Quinn has made little posters (with Grandma's help) she wants to put up around the neighborhood asking if anyone has seen "Prince."  This is Lily she's holding. Regardless of who is asked to say the family prayer they always ask for Prince to come home or be happy where he is - it took weeks to get them to add the last part.
Another fun thing we did this month was watch Zoe be blessed.  It ended up being such a fun day for me.  Joaquin encouraged me to attend only Jesalee's ward instead of trying to do both.  I always try to listen to Joaquin (especially when I agree) so I got to sleep in, get only 3 children ready (Quinn & Jessi had a slumber party over at the Lankfords and met us at church), then sit with my husband all through sacrament meeting - YAHOO. 
This last pix is of Josh holding Halle, now 3 months old.  Joaquin, Halle, & I were able to go down to Las Vegas, Nevada last week for a NAPA Owner's Conference.  I had the best time of all hanging out in a beautiful room at The Venetian, reading 2 great books (Direct Red-a fascinating & bluntly honest story of a female surgeon's training & Leven Thumbs - the fun conclusion in a Fantasy series of 5 books), taking bubble bathes, and just relaxing with Halle.  The conference fed us breakfast, lunch, & dinner every day so we splurged the last night and ordered $50 worth of room service & bought a movie to watch - it was great!

7 comments:

Favorite Aunt said...

I wish I could have been there!!

Unknown said...

Good times! I love the picture of the girls under the car!

Call me sometime when you need a nap. We would love to have Shelby and Josh come play.

Alanya/Ally said...

Sound like fun! I love when husbands have work in fun places and get to take their wives. I'm crossing my fingers I get to go with Andy to Vegas again this year. So fun! What's the title of the first book, by the way? I need a good book to read. I don't read nearly enough.

Diana said...

I love the picture of you and Jesalee you both look great. how fun to have work conferences I hope someday Shay can have perks like that glad it went well.

Kristin said...

Good idea. I am going to have to start sending Grant into work with Jeff!

Donna Smith said...

Hey, I hope that car is up and running this summer so Grandma Donna and all the kids can have a cool ride. Grandma D

Amanda said...

Those girls are just so cute! (And I meant all the girls pictured...including you and Jess!) And don't worry...the jeep Jackson was driving in those pictures was a birthday present from my parents, so I guess they were both technically free....