Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Halle's Beautimus Blessing Day

  
It was a wonderful Blessing Day this past Sunday.  We had family members that were missed because they were sick (get better soon Mom & Amanda), family that drove clear from Washington (love you Em!), and one sister-in-law who really didn't want to be there (Jesalee was 9+ months pregnant wishing to be in the hospital).  All in all we had around 50 family & friends come visit this delightful girl.  Some of the highlights of her blessing were the desire to study and learn the truth of the gospel, to watch and follow the examples of her older brother and sisters, and to be a good example herself - standing firm in her faith (yahoo!). 
As you can tell Halle was entirely dolled up for her big day.  My amazing Mother-in-Law, Donna crocheted this perfect dress, made her beaded socks, and a matching pearl bracelet. My Mom offered to crochet a matching bonnet & booties - What an heirloom!  I have a little dress & booties for each of my girls that I love just knowing the hours both of my Moms spent on them.  (I tried to get Donna to crochet a suit for Josh but Joaquin put his foot down on that one-sorry buddy).
In his testimony Joaquin let everyone know he was wearing his suit coat especially for his wife -what can I say, I've got him whipped.
 
Wow, we actually got them all in one picture!
I don't know if you can really see, but the 2 men being a tad bit dorky are . . . you guessed it Kade showing off his guns, and Joaquin showing off his gut.  Donna were they raised in a barn?!?!  Oh, that's right - a farm - close enough.

5 comments:

BSU fam said...

I was hoping that you would post pictures. She is beautiful. I'm glad that you had a good weekend. I'm sorry that we missed it. We love you!

Amanda said...

She looks so beautiful! Sorry we weren't there. I'm glad you had a lot of family though. How did the soup turn out?

Diana said...

wow what a crowd of people that is really neat that so many were able to come. Halle sure is beautiful I am excited to finally see her this weekend.

Gabriel Fam said...

Love the dress, how special!

Bradey and Alyssa Kendall Family said...

I am SOOO sad that we missed it! I tell ya, the more kids I have the more my mind is going! She looks gorgeous in her dress!!