Monday, September 29, 2008

Walk-a-Thon


I just had to put a quick post in here about my Walk-a-Thon. Have you ever done something you're just so proud of? Well this week was great for me. I have worked lots of hours on this 'Fun'd-Raiser for our little Hillcrest Elementary. I have called I don't know how many businesses, friends, & family asking for help. I have worked on the computer until the wee hours of the morning making fliers, reminders, prizes, etc. And do you know the best part?
It was all worth it!


I was pretty worried when it was around 50 degrees on the day before, but the day of came and it was a gorgeous 80 degrees! Everyone who said they would come did, everyone who said they would help did, and even Joaquin walked the 1.5 miles without a single complaint. I almost cried when I stood in front of that crowd (around 350 people) and had to bite my tongue when I almost called on someone to pray. All week as a family we've just prayed that people would remember to come. We really didn't care about the donations so much, we just wanted families to see how much fun we could have together. We raised over $4000.00 and more is still coming in (from parents who are a lot like me and forget things every now & then).

The music was fun, the prizes were well received, the hot dogs were a huge hit, and even the cheerleaders had a good time. I just loved the whole night!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It was a great event! Morgan can't wait to do it again.

Lane, Amanda, Jackson, and Andrew said...

I am so glad it went so well. Congrats!!