Monday, September 29, 2008

My Marathon!

This picture was one of my favorite moments on the day of the "Top of Utah" Marathon. My hot husband woke the kids up early Saturday morning, fed & clothed them, drove them 2 hours, cheered me on, took us all out to lunch, then ended the day letting me soak my soar muscles at Lava Hot Springs. It was one of the best days of my life. I have been training for over 6 months for this and to really accomplish it - not even die in the process is still euphoric for me. I really ran 26.2 miles in a day, wow. My sister Emily counted up on our 4 month training schedule just to see how many miles total we had run to get to this day - over 400. Is that really cool or just insane? I haven't decided yet.
My Mom & Dad also came along with two more of my sisters (who have run marathons before) and they even ran with us for part of the way. We tease my Dad he started this since he ran a marathon years ago that none of us thought was that cool until recently. Woops. Now I think he's amazing - especially since he beat my time by over an hour and a half!
Here are all my lovely running buddies! Tiffani Adamson, Emily Koenig, me, & Dana Brown - aren't we just gorgeous? Do you see those big smiles? It really was just the most amazingly cool thing I've done in soooooo long (it still wasn't as hard as childbirth-so if you've done that, I still think you're amazing too). I really feel like an iron woman though.
Yes, this is me crossing the finish line - both arms in the air - cheering. The guy who announced my name even said, "Sarah Smith from American Falls, Idaho with a little too much energy to have just run a marathon!" I couldn't help it, I was just so happy to be done.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I think you guys are amazing! And you look so stylish with your headbands.

You are idols!

Lane, Amanda, Jackson, and Andrew said...

I have been waiting to hear about your marathon. I can't believe you had that energy either. You amaze me. You should have let us know and we would have been there to cheer you on!! Glad you had fun.

Alanya/Ally said...

Good job girls! I'm not jealous one bit that you ran a marathon... :) You've been a very busy lady! Where do you find the time to do everything and still have enough energy to run 400 miles? You really are Iron Woman!

tiffani said...

You Rock! I totally love those pictures. When you are feeling up to it I would love to have copies to post on my blog!! It's not as fun to brag without proof! It still amazes me that we did it! by the way, you have been tagged so check out my blog for details! (Can you believe I am a blogger!)

Gwen said...

You guys are just plain crazy!!! I'm still way impressed though! Way to Go!!!!!

Courtney and Andrew said...

I just tagged you, check out my blog!