Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Potty Training Gone Wild

My beautiful Shelby is constantly trying to be big. She wants to stay up late, ride whatever Josh is, put on make-up, etc. So when she started to ask to go potty on the potty about 2 months ago I thought, sure! She had just turned two but had lots of older sisters & a brother to look up to. Well it's been 2 long months with many accidents, but the classic was yesterday.
I went to get my hair cut & colored at 11:30am here in Am. Falls. Before we left I had her go potty, right when we walked in the door I had her go potty, and yep - you guessed it. At 12:15 pm she came in wet through everything (That's a whopping 45 minutes in case you were wondering). I hadn't brought a change of clothes or even a pull up for that matter and Joaquin was stuck at Napa with no vehicle to help. So I threw Shelby in the pick-up and flew with beautiful foil wrappers all over my head to my house to change her. I got quite a few double takes, lots of smiles, and one all out laugh. Ah, isn't being a mother grand?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You are so brave! I can't wait to see your hair.

Good luck with the potty training. I am impressed that you are still going with it. I don't think I am that patient.

Lane, Amanda, Jackson, and Andrew said...

I can't decide whether to laugh or cry for you. I am not looking forward to the potty training!!

Brigitte said...

I hate potty training. I'm impressed by your effort, and oh the things we mothers do for our little ones. Your a great mom.