Monday, September 26, 2011

Family Camping to Scout Mountain

Joaquin has been bugging me lately to go on "one last" camping trip in RV.  So this last weekend I finally caved.  I don't mean to be a stick in the mud but camping (from a mom's perspective) is just plain hard work.  You pack food, clothing, cooking utensils, bikes, flashlights, sleeping bags, camp chef, propane, need I go on?  Then when you get home it feels like an infinite amount of laundry. 
But having said that - I'm glad I relented.  It was was beautiful place and we enjoyed being together.  Scout Mountain is only about 45 min. away so the kids were pretty mellow for the trip.  It helped that we stopped in Poky to buy a few last supplies & treated the kids to "Five Guys."  Great way to start a trip by the way - on a full stomach.

 I know this pix is in front of our house but I wanted to show you the "new to us" toy (thanks to my sister Amy).  It's a little bike that attaches to one of ours.  Shelby thinks it rocks and we used it many times up and around Scout Mnt.
 The kids loved picking lots of flowers & taking walks.
Jessi was my "poser" this trip, always asking me to take pix of her.


 Quinn is taking a photography class this trimester & snapped a few of us with the sunset.
 Man, I still look hot without make up or a shower don't I?
 Josh's bike is too hard to shift gears with his cast but he didn't want to miss out on the biking.  He swallowed his pride & rode Shelby's so he could cross the water.
 Finally I capture Quinn in a pix.
 Shelby posing with her bouquet & her dreamy expression.
 Jessi loved this pix, we just finished eating smores and it looks like she has blood trickling down her chin (it's really chocolate - she went around pretending to bite our necks).  Great trip and still loving the big blue beast of an RV!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Fun adventure! I know what you mean about all the work. But the great memories with your kids make it all worth it. And you do look hot with no makeup and no shower. :)