Thursday, February 12, 2009

How do you solve a problem like Maria?

What a hottie!
I especially love the leg lift, was that choreographed?

Can I just say how proud I am of this girl? This is my 15 year old niece, Kiah Brown who's a freshmen at Blackfoot High landed the lead role in "The Sound of Music!" Around 40 family members including cousins, uncles & aunts, and grandparents came too ooh & ahh for Kiah Brown last Saturday. The cousins (including Jessi & Quinn) just wanted to see her kiss a boy!!! Jessi thought it would be so embarrassing to have to kiss a boy in front of your parents, but most of the other cousins (and uncles) just hollered loud enough to raise the roof. But being the practiced professional that Kiah was - she smiled a little longer than normal and went right on with her lines. Needless to say she had warned her Captain Von Trapp of her boisterous & large extended family. That sounds an awful lot like "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" doesn't it?
So here's a few snapshots of the amazing Kiah Brown (and Dana since she made most of her costumes & rehearsed lines over & over again). When the musical started around 20 nuns walked on stage singing, my sister Lisa leans over and says, "Kiah beat out everyone of those nuns for this part." No pressure though. But Dana's comment was my favorite. She told Kiah to be sooo nice to those nuns. When Kiah asked why she responded, "Because I was always a nun and never Maria." Isn't that the truth?!?

5 comments:

Alanya/Ally said...

I'm so glad you posted pictures! Andy and I were so sad we had to miss it, but I heard that she did an awesome job! I'm sorry I missed the cheering from the uncles... that would have been funny to hear. There's a video? Rumor or fact? I'd love to see it.

Unknown said...

That is amazing! We sure miss Kia. She is so talented and such a sweet girl! I bet she loved having so many fans.

Lane, Amanda, Jackson, and Andrew said...

I can only imagine the cheering that went on there, especially if it would have been anything like my family. That is so cool to have talent like that. That never would have been me! I couldn't have even been a nun!

Unknown said...

OK that made me cry! I just love Kiah! Make sure Dana see's your blog! What a great Aunt you are!

Brown Family said...

Hahahaha!! Okay guys, Kiah here! Aunt Ally, fact. There is a video of the whole performance, and not to mention Hunter (Moss) got some good pictures! The ones that you see here are only a few. (Thank you Aunt Sarah! Hahahaha!! :D )