Monday, January 26, 2009


 
We had a great time last week babysitting Wyatt & Kaylee Hunt for a day. We fiddled around with play dough, played house, and built forts together. I had to post the picture I took of Josh & Kaylee (he was just so happy they came he picked her right up). Wyatt & Kaylee wanted to look like their Dad (Jon's always got a goatie) only the color is a little off.
If you will also notice Josh's creation. He is one crafty boy. When he wakes up in the morning he knows exactly what he wants to do that day. He'll say things like, "Let's make a noise maker, I'll get the beans." Or he'll decide to make bracelets (for the girls of course), puppets, macaroni necklaces, etc.
Well as you can tell from the picture this day he wanted to make a mosaic feeding plate for birds -I'm sure that was your first guess when you saw the picture (he found the idea in an children's art book I have). It was supposed to be made with a real plate and mini tiles & then painted to seal it - yeah, that's just a little too much work for this mother. So we improvised with scrapbook paper, a paper plate, and glue. It's now sitting on a plate holder in the kitchen - he is so proud of it.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Brandon and Brittany said...

This post makes me happy. Maybe I should be better about letting Kami look at my familyfun magazine so she can start suggesting projects for us to do. You are such a great mom Sarah!

Unknown said...

Very creative - I'm sure it has nothing to do with his super "Art Mom". What a fun day!

tiffani said...

I am trying to take after you and do more things with my kids! What a good example you are to me! (I made 2 houses out of the linken-logs to be destroyed withing minutes! Yeah:()