Wednesday, August 8, 2012

I love running . . . and running . . .

 Me, my sisters Emily, Lisa, & Maria.  My sister Emily & I finished the Utah Valley Marathon!  Lisa & Maria ran the half marathon (in hindsight I'm thinking they had more fun).  Emily & I finished in 4 hrs. 12 min. - which I thought was just awesome (we averaged 26.2 - 9:30/miles).  The course was hilly, it was windy, & I couldn't even talk the last 6 miles (it was all I could do to breath) but I'm so dang proud!
 Here's a picture of us right before the race started.  Me, Emily, & Cindy (Emily's sister-in-law) all wore matching shirts.  Aren't we so dang cute?!?
I'm glad this picture looks like we are smiling, because I was almost dead.
 
After sitting for a good 10 minutes, eating & drinking I could actually pose for pictures.
 As if that wasn't enough running - lots of my family decided to make up a team for the Northwest Passage Ragnar Race.  12 runners, 2 vans, & 200ish miles - what a race!  Doug & Lisa borrowed a motor-home that Maria, Jason, Andy, Mary, Joaquin, & I all carpooled in to Washington.  Other than the AC not working, I loved the trip. Amy, Troy, Emily, & Nate met us there. 
 Joaquin wasn't afraid to sport some compression socks - and a farmer's tan.
 Here's all the amazing women (Lisa, Maria, Me, Amy, Mary, & Emily)

No comments: