Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Oh, what do you do in the Winter time?

Have you noticed how few posts I've been publishing?  Well that's because I had to send my Mom back home, Joaquin back to work, and my two "big kid" helpers back to school - I'm wiping a tear.  I love 3 o'clock now because I know one of the girls will gladly hold Halle while they watch tv (our newest rule).  We're still having long nights that tend to stretch into long days, but I'm trying to stay positive realizing this to will pass.

Every now & then I squeeze in a nap and I'm especially enjoying the formula thing.  Halle's happier, I'm almost back to not wincing in pain when someone hugs me, and the best part of all is that this Saturday Joaquin is going to babysit Halle, Shelby, & Josh while I take Quinn & Jessi to watch the BYU Ballroom Dance Company perform in Pocatello.  I loved being on the team in college and thought it would be fun to reminisce with my girls!  I'm still in awe that Joaquin agreed to babysit (technically they're his children so it's not really babysitting is it?).  I'll be praying for the children though since I'm taking Donna & Jesalee with us - no back up for the big man.
Here are some fun pix of what we've been up to:

Shelby, Jade, & Josh love to run around without their shirts on (you know it's soooo hot in January).  I realize this will be more of an issue when they get older, but for now - it's less laundry.



Funny story, Josh has some boxing gloves and Dennis always tells us how they solved lots of issues when their kids were growing up.  If any of their kids were fighting they would send them outside with boxing gloves and that would solve the problem.  Well Quinn & Jessi were arguing over something when they walked in the door from school.  I told them to go get the gloves on and take each other out.  Instantly they laughed & grabbed the gloves - forgetting their argument.  I patted myself on the back for good parenting (listening to good advice) and told them to pose for a picture.  Then right after I took the picture Quinn cheap shotted Jessi before she had a chance to defend herself.  Jessi cried for about half an hour and wouldn't talk to her for the rest of the night.  So much for good advice.



Today I caught Shelby in the bathroom wanting to do her own hair.  I figured why not?  She ended up with about 20 clips & a big smile.

5 comments:

Alanya/Ally said...

Those pictures are too funny! And I can't believe Quinn actually punched her sister! Shocked!

Thanks again for talking to me for so long last week. I really needed to talk about my issues and I thought you were the best candidate. I love you tons and I'm so glad I can go to you in a time of need. I can't wait to see you next weekend!

Amanda said...

That is too funny...ok, a lot of it was funny...no shirts, boxing gloves, cheap shots, 20 clips! Have fun at the ballroom competition. That sounds so fun.

Diana said...

Sounds like you are having a good January, I am happy to hear that you have freed yourself a little with the formula, and I guess even girls fight sometimes I just think it is boys. Have fun we sure miss ya. Hopefully we can come see you one of these days.

BSU fam said...

Sarah, your house sounds awesome. Hopefully the sleeping will get figured out. We love you!

Alanya/Ally said...

It's me again! I thought you might like to check out a blog that I have linked from mine. It's called "The Girl Who Ate Everything" and she has some fun recipes. Her latest even Quinn and Jessi could do. Thought you might like it!