Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Family Halloween 2009

Happy Halloween!  Don't be scared by this fearful Ninja-this year I made sure the swords were fake (and just in case I didn't even have him wear them to Pre-School - check out my last year's Halloween post to understand).  We stopped by Napa, since Joaquin was working, to show off their costumes before hitting the 1st & 2nd Ward trunk or treat.

Halloween has always been one of my favorite holidays and I usually hate trunk or treats because I think it really takes away from being a good neighbor.  I know some people don't agree that asking for candy from your neighbors is kind, but I genuinely love going door to door.  All my neighbors love seeing the kids & I love handing out candy.  Well this year I have to say that I loved the trunk or treat.  My kids were old enough to walk around without me so I was able to sit in the trunk and hand out candy.  My legs didn't hurt, I didn't have contractions, it was perfect!

 

I had to show this picture of Jessi because she is just such a gorgeous green witch regardless of the warts she had me put on her (they were her favorite part of the costume!)

Here's a shot of the whole gang at the Napa store.  Josh really wanted face paint since all the girls got glitter, eye shadow, etc.  So I tried to draw on a "skull" then he added blood dripping from his nose & lips.
  


I wanted to catch a picture of Josh at pre-school with Shelby.  She just wants to be so big and go with him.  The really fun part is that he loves Shelby to be there too.  He always begs her to get dressed in the morning so she can come play for the first half hour of free time.



It was a really busy Wednesday as we had Josh, Jessi, & Quinn's Halloween Parties.  Here is Jessi's party where I got to be the cool Mom because we played "Boo Bingo."  I still love that no matter which child's party we go to - they absolutely love when their siblings come to visit.  As you can tell Jessi pulled up 2 chairs, shared all of her candy, and even took them with her on the little "costume parade."
 
I realize this post is a little backwards, but for FHE we carved pumpkins and boy did our kids get into it.  Joaquin has always loved making really cool, complicated ones so I buy those great books with the tools included.  I'm a little worried I might be turned into Child Protection Services for admitting this, but after Shelby bent 3 or the 4 of the little knives that came in the kit - we just handed her a steak knife and let her at it.  I carved the front and she made an "earring."

 

Dad helped Josh do the "Dracula" and you can see how proud he was of it.

  

This was a picture of Quinn's cat (I know it's shocking she picked  that one huh?)

 
 Here of course is the coolest Dracula ever.



Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

BSU fam said...

Those pumpkins are very cool. I love Halloween for the same reason, going to visit the neighbors. Love ya!

Lane, Amanda, Jackson, and Andrew said...

Awesome pumpkins! I am very impressed and I love Shelby with the knife. Too cute. Darling costumes, except Josh...he looks way cool! Glad you had fun.

Bradey and Alyssa Kendall Family said...

I love the kids' costumes. We were going to stop at your guys' house, but Londyn was a little restless so we headed home early. And your pumpkins are AWESOME!

Favorite Aunt said...

I'm glad you are over that whole I'm the worst mom thing... it was a little over done if you ask me... I'm glad you are back to SUPER MOM.

Micah loves Quinn's cat pumpkin. Ross says to tell Josh cool costume. I like your warts Jessi, you look just like your Mom now - ok you are still cuter. Shelby go play in your mom's make up.

I really shouldn't stay up late. Love you Sarah...

Gwendolyn said...

What great costumes and fantastic pumpkins! Love you guys :)