Thursday, November 10, 2011

Get ready - teenager in the house!

Although it was no surprise (she's been asking for a phone for months now) we finally granted her biggest wish and bought a cell phone for Quinn's 13th birthday (Oct. 17th).  I thought she would be elated & maybe even weep for joy but no . . . instead she said, "Mom, this is like a cheap phone.  I wanted one like yours."  Joaquin & I laughed heartily and told her she starts with inexpensive (not cheap right?) and if she can prove she's trust worthy - then upgrade.  Shockingly she's already "misplaced" it once in a friends car. 
 Quinn let me off the hook this year & just wanted to order her favorite kind of cake from Costco - Yahoo for me!  The lady who took the order chuckled as she wrote down orange pumpkin balloons.  Whatever makes my girl happy.
 Jade & Shelby were all too happy to help unwrap presents.
Technically the Lankfords have been to enough of our birthday parties, vacations, & outings to be called family.  But it's official now as Whitney suffered a "Whitney sandwich" by the Smith brothers.
 Jessi has become our ham jumping in every pix lately, you can see the joy on Quinn's face can't you?  Here was one of my favorite presents - the Scripture Hero Posters.  I remember the "Mormon Ads" adorning my walls growing up & these are even better.  Quinn has them up all over her room now as well.  Awwww. . .

4 comments:

kadejesalee said...

I am surprised that I haven't received any texts from her yet...hahaha. Poor Whitney, she is a good sport.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Quinn! Good luck with the phone. ;)

Favorite Aunt said...

I can't believe she hasn't texted her favorit aunt.... Tell she is going to be taking down the next time I see her!

Amanda said...

Glad Quinn had such a fun birthday! I am also waiting for my text!!