Monday, January 31, 2011

Shelby celebrated at the Aquarium

 Let me just say I know the pix quality isn't very good in these shots (my cell phone camera does great outdoors but not so well inside).  Last week we took Shelby down for her last check up with Dr. Patel and it went great.  She still has a 10% limitation on her eye movement but Dr. Patel could see from the Cat Scan it was from scar tissue that will soften with time, yahoo.  We'll check back with him in 2 years.  We were there for 2 hours - this time I came prepared with a bag full of books, crayons, & treats.  It's a challenge keeping her entertained & willing to do what they ask but we survived.  Shelby colored a beautiful picture of her holding Dr. Patel's hand standing under a rainbow with a bright yellow sun & green grass.  He was a bit blown away and told me how grateful he was.  He doesn't see many children I guess & told Shelby he would take it home to hang in his office that night.

I surprised my other kids & checked them out of school early on Tuesday & brought them with us to Grandma Sally's.  They played with cousins for hours and then after Shelby's check up we all went to a little Aquarium in Sandy, Ut.  It was perfect - not big enough to worry about losing anybody, not too small that they were bored.

 Quinn said I needed to be in a pix since I made her be in the pix above.
 I know it's hard to see but that's an octopus - it was quite freaky if you ask me!
 Josh was a crab, I mean Josh with a crab.
 Shelby loved the hands on display (shocker right?)
 They had a giant pond you could actually reach your hand in and pet the sting rays.
 Jessi was the bravest touching little water snakes.
 Quinn took this shot of the penguins.  She must be getting older because she absolutely hates being in pictures but loves taking them.

 She was hoping to speak parsel tongue & make the glass disappear, maybe after her 11th birthday?
 Halle kept being naughty & tapping on the glass, but how do you tell that sweet face no?
 Josh waited forever (his words) for this shot.  The sword fish just had to be in the pix with him but that fish was fast!
We're so grateful for Shelby's recovery & the trips that ended up being fun because Grandma & Grandpa always make them that way.

5 comments:

Favorite Aunt said...

Glad about Shelby's eye.. Counting down the months for our Idaho visit!

Unknown said...

Glad Shelby had a good checkup. Hope she continues to heal normally.

We went to an aquarium like that at the Oregon Coast. The kids loved it! Hands-on is always more fun for the kids.

wynemom1111 said...

I love the Aquarium pix. Good job!

Gabriel Fam said...

Great news about the eye!!

BRiTTaNY said...

So glad Shelby's better!

But I think my favorite part about this post is the HP reference, totally made my day hahaha! I'm still waiting for my Hogwarts letter... it's been lost for a while now so I'm thinking the owl just ate it...