Tuesday, October 5, 2010

I promised myself I wouldn't do this . . .

I promised myself I wouldn't post again until I got caught up with all my NAPA paperwork, but you know what I decided?  It will never end.  I love reading everyone's posts and miss creating my own.  So I'm ditching the paperwork for one night - it's late, the kids & hubby are in bed and it's blissfully peaceful here.

First thing first, for those of you who are my dear Wanda Witch fans - I regret to inform you that I'm sitting this year out.  This Witch is pooped.  After the Walk-a-Thon (Our Elementary School's big fundraiser I was in charge of as the PTO President) , Shelby's accident (read down below for more deatils), & being the Mom of 5 in general - I just can't keep my head up.  I loved President Uchtdorf's talk about simplifying life this last Saturday for General Conference.  I shouldn't define myself by how long my "to do list" is (I admit sometimes I write things down I've already done that weren't on my list just to make myself feel better at the end of the day).

Joaquin & I got to laughing about that talk though after a rather LOUD family home evening yesterday.  Our wonderful Church leaders tell us to simplify AND have family home evening, family prayer, family scripture study, family dinner, visit/home teach, fulfill your calling, be a good neighbor, be a missionary, keep an orderly house (that rarely happens mind you), read the Ensign, Friend, The Era, Liahona, continue your education, support your husband/wife, attend all your meetings, go to the temple, be an active member in your community, and that's just all I can think of right now.  What do they expect?  Us to be perfect?  Oh, yeah Heavenly Father does want that.  Grr - I guess I'll keep trying!

Here's a quick recap of pix from the last few months - I hope you enjoy them!
The Wyne Reunion was outside of Pocatello, Idaho this year at "Camp Taylor."  We loved having everyone together but all hated the mice infestation.  I can't say any more as my skin just crawls remembering it - yuk!  But I'd do it again if it meant hanging out with my fam.  This is Maria, Mom, Mindy (in back), & Kiah.
 I convinced my husband to run a fantastically fun relay race in Washington this year called Spokane to Sandpoint.  We were on a team of 12 family & friends named "The Pillaging Pirates."  It's 185 miles of race that we each run 3 different "legs" of.  I ran faster than I ever have with my sisters, friends, & hubby cheering for me and as a bonus they have each team ride a roller coaster at midnight together (The race takes 24 hours give or take).  It was hard, but so worth it - Thanks to my sis Emily who talked us all into it!

Here's the saddest part of our summer - even looking at these pictures makes my stomach tighten.  In case you hadn't heard, Shelby was holding a mason jar containing a grasshopper she was running over to show Grandma Donna.  She tripped on the concrete and fell right on the jar.  Josh & his friend Kevin were with her and came running home to tell me Shelby fell & had a bloody nose.  So I grabbed a tissue and headed over, the sight of her with blood gushing everywhere was horrific.  After rushing to Am. Falls Hospital & having them send us to Pocatello for a plastic surgeon - things started to feel better.  The first picture is of her before he stitched her up & this second one is right after (she was trying to smile).  I need to take a picture of her now though & post it because she looks amazingly beautiful still - yea for modern medicine!  We're still having issues with her eye being sensitive to light & watering lots but so grateful she still has an eye to water!

 Zoe & Halle at the 4th of July in Evanston, Wyoming.  Aren't they gorgeous?
 Josh absolutely loves having his cousins Zach & Steel closer.  This was them at Grandma Donna's this summer.
 We had a blast this year at the Blackfoot Fair.  Quinn, Jessi, & Josh all got "ride wristbands" for the first time.  We met up with my sisters Dana & Lisa (and their kids of course) and also the Lankfords.  That's going to become a new tradition! This is Avery & Josh.
 Quinn in the front car, Avery, Whitney, & Jessi in the back
 Whitney & Josh didn't really like flying on this trip because someone had thrown up on it right before.  They said it still smelled horrible, yuk!
 It's hard to see but Quinn is in the blue t-shirt.  She rode this ride over a dozen times - crazy, dizzy girl.
 This last picture is actually last weekend in Sandy, Utah.  Josh wanted to stay with Grandma Sally & Grandpa Wyne for his 6th birthday.  They made him a cake, cupcakes - he got a brand new mountain bike to go kill himself with his Dad & we took all the kids with cousins to "Jungle Jim's."  It's one of our family's favorite things. 
This is Halle with cousin Sam Eckersley (Maria & Jason's cutie).  They didn't really enjoy the rides but loved to steal each others toys.

7 comments:

Diana said...

glad you posted. You look fantastic and the kids are adorable as always. Glad to hear you guys are doing good and trying to simplify life, good luck with it all. sure miss ya.

Gwen said...

I feel like the worse friend ever...I had no clue Shelby got hurt this summer! Where have I been?! I knew I was a hermit after having Dallin and kinda out of the loop, but really?!?!

I'm so glad she is ok and I don't blame you at all for simplifying! (confession...I add things to my to do list too at the end of the day, just so I have the satisfaction of crossing them off ;)

Favorite Aunt said...

You are alive... Glad to see some pictures. Love ya!

wynemom1111 said...

Thanks so much for the update. I loved the pictures--all but the Shelby ones. They make my body hurt!

Unknown said...

Good to catch up on your family. And I agree, it's a bit overwhelming to figure out how to simplify when there is so much to be done.

The pictures of Shelby made me cry... poor girl has had it rough! I'm glad she is doing better. She needs a bubble to protect her- no more injuries or illnesses.

We miss you guys!

Courtney and Andrew said...

YIKES! is all I can say of the pics of Shelby but you would never know now. Couldn't even tell when we saw you guys! By the way it was so nice running into you guys! Hope things are going well! You looked great!

Gwendolyn said...

Ahhhh Shelby!! That picture made all of us want to cry. I'm so sorry--can't imagine what you must have felt like. What a brave girl to try to smile! We're glad the rest of the summer was happy :)